|Category||New Leaf Designs, Home|
Scheepjes KAL 2022 - Sassenach KALBy Carmen Jorissen
Join the first ever Scheepjes Knit A-Long (KAL) and enjoy a unique collaborative knitting experience! Designed by Scheepjes Blogger Carmen of New Leaf Designs, the Sassenach KAL features a pair of complementary cushion covers in 3 colourways inspired by both by the book and hit TV series Outlander and fond memories of holidays spent in the Trossachs and Cairngorms National Parks. So join us on a majestic journey through Scottish landscapes!
Knitted using the stranded colourwork technique, each cushion has its own nature, reflecting the spirit of the two main Outlander characters, Claire and Jamie. We've created three colourways for the pair of cushions: Erica (heather) influenced by Highland scenery, Rosa (rose) or Cirsium (thistle) based respectively on the English and Scottish national emblems. For a truly immersive experience, knitters may decide to watch, read or listen to the Outlander series during the KAL!
Read all about the idea behind the design via Carmens blog: New Leaf Designs.
Shared in 10 parts on Wednesdays at 12:00 CET, the KAL will start on 23 February, with a handy Tips & Tricks PDF released on 16 February. Carmen has prepared a handy blog post for each week, so be sure to pop over to her blog whenever a new part of the free design is revealed. We'll also share 2 videos to tell you all about the KAL and about how to add the zippers.
- When: 23 February - 11 May, with a Tips & Tricks PDF release on 16 February.
- Where: This KAL will be hosted in our OFFICIAL Scheepjes - International Group and OFFICIAL Scheepjes - Nederlandse Groep.
- Skill: Perfect for intermediate to advanced knitters.
- Language: The pattern is available in Dutch, German and in English.
- Read all about the Scheepjes KAL via our website here.