|Colour Code:||200 Clouded Crystal|
|Fibre Content:||100% Organic Soft Cotton|
|Needle Size 1:||3mm|
|Ball Weight:||50 grams|
|Gauge:||28 stitches x 40 rows to 10cm on 3mm needles|
Scheepjes Organicon is a consciously produced yarn collection made from 100% Soft Organic Cotton. This naturally breathable fingering weight yarn is especially suitable for making cool and lightweight garments with a gentle drape, wearable accessories, and items for little ones, such as toys, garments or blankets.
Available in 70 shades, the collection spans neutral tones and soft pastels to bright colours, with contemporary shade surprises in-between!
Good for you and for our planet
A popular alternative to conventional cotton, Organicon is produced in accordance with the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) – the highest sustainability index available for textile manufacturing in the world. It is part of Scheepjes’ expanding range of vegan-friendly, recycled and wastewater produced cotton yarns and blends. Organicon’s certifications ensure this exceptionally soft yarn is suitable for anyone with skin sensitivities, including babies and toddlers.
The Global Organic Textile Standard
GOTS certification guarantees through traceability that the cotton has been grown on organic certified fields without the use of chemical fertilisers, farmed in a sustainable manner and in a way that ensures the continuing fertility of the land it is grown on. The dyes used are also GOTS-certified.
Recycled Wastewater Produced
While most cotton yarns are produced using 10,000-20,000 litres of fresh water, Organicon, like all of Scheepjes’ 100% Cotton yarns and several cotton blends, is produced using 95% recycled wastewater. Once the remaining 5% is treated with natural substances, it is classed as biodegradable and can be safely returned to the local environment. For more information visit: bit.ly/wastewatercreated
From the dyes used to colour this yarn, to its 100% plant-based fibre, Scheepjes Organicon respects the welfare of animals and offers a high-quality alternative for all conscious crafters. It contains zero animal products or their by-products.