|Pretty Little Things 39 - Out and About!, Women, Accessories, Scheepjes Publications
Envelope ClutchBy Duncan Carter
A simple clutch has so many uses and is a great introduction to bagmaking, flying off the sewing machine in no time at all. Measuring 28 x 15cm, the Envelope Clutch is an ideal size for your keys, phone and other essentials when out and about! Duncan Carter designed this lightly padded accessory using an exuberant floral print for maximum impact; the pink rose Tissu de Marie fabric contrasts beautifully with the smaller print used for the lining. No-sew Prym Colour Snaps make for an easy closure and add a professional looking finish to this beginner-friendly project.
List of Materials
Tissu de Marie fabric (100% Cotton; 1.5m)
- Main fabric Pink rose floral print x 0.4m
- Lining Green dots with flowers x 0.4m
- 0.4m Vlieseline Decovil fusible interfacing
- 1 spool pink Gütermann Sew-all thread
- 1 spool green Gütermann Sew-all thread
- 12.4mm green Prym press fasteners
- Prym Vario pliers
- Point turner (chopstick or blunt pencil)
- 60 x 15cm patchwork ruler
- Size 90 sewing machine needle
- Sewing machine + accessories
- Pinking shears (optional)
This pattern appears in Pretty Little Things 39 – Out and About!, published by Scheepjes. The Pretty Little Things booklet is available in print in both UK English and Dutch language via Scheepjes retailers.
Our monthly publication Pretty Little Things (Klein Maar Fijn) showcases 3 multicraftual patterns made with Scheepjes yarns. Colourful projects that are beginner-friendly, affordable, and appealing to all crafters thanks to the adorable aesthetic. Who doesn’t love a pretty ‘weekend’ project?