|Category||Pretty Little Things 35 - In the Lab, Scheepjes Publications, Soft Toys|
|Suggested yarn||Catona 10g, Catona 25g, Catona 50g|
Amigurumi Lab SetBy Matt Farci
Hands up everyone who longed for a chemistry set as budding young scientist. Grown-ups need no longer fear that their home is at risk of combustion with Matt Farci’s Amigurumi Lab Set - unless you count an explosion of yarn! Made using child-friendly Scheepjes Catona, the Bunsen burner and test tubes are safe for imaginative play and will ignite the curious minds of the next generation. Crocheted both in the round and using the amigurumi method, clever details and endearing features give character to the lab pals. They make the perfect end of term thank you gift for those beloved teachers who bring science to life!
Scheepjes Catona (100% Mercerised Cotton; 50g/125m)
- Yarn A 074 Mercury x 1 ball
- Yarn B 172 Light Silver x 1 ball
Scheepjes Catona (100% Mercerised Cotton; 25g/62.5m)
- Yarn C 520 Lavender, 522 Primrose, 519 Freesia or 384 Powder Blue x 1 ball
- Yarn D 157 Root Beer x 1 ball
Scheepjes Catona (100% Mercerised Cotton; 10g/25m)
- Yarn E 410 Rich Coral x 1 ball
- Yarn F 246 Icy Pink x 1 ball
- Yarn G 208 Yellow Gold x 1 ball
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- Stitch marker
- Polyester stuffing
- 5mm black safety eyes (2 per piece, for Test Tubes and Bunsen Burner)
- 1mm-thick card
- Knitting mill (or knitting dolly)
- Small amount of black yarn for embroidery details
This pattern appears in Pretty Little Things 35 – In the Lab, published by Scheepjes. The Pretty Little Things booklet is available in print in both UK English and Dutch language via Scheepjes retailers. It is also available as an eBook via Ravelry.
Our monthly publication Pretty Little Things (Klein Maar Fijn) showcases 3 multicraftual patterns made with Scheepjes yarns. Colourful projects that are beginner-friendly, affordable, and appealing to all crafters thanks to the adorable aesthetic. Who doesn’t love a pretty ‘weekend’ project?