|Category||Pretty Little Things 28 - Dinosaurs, Children, Accessories|
Pretty Little Things 28 - Brontosaurus EmbroideryBy Liz Barraclough
A stitch sampler is even more fun when it’s shaped like a dinosaur! Liz Barraclough designed Brooklyn the Brontosaurus Embroidery using DMC stranded cotton stitched onto a Tissu de Marie batik background. The grazing herbivore is outlined using a simple back stitch then filled in with an interesting variety of hand stitches. For anyone new to embroidery, a handy illustrated guide to all the stitches used is featured alongside the written pattern. Do you know someone who would love Brooklyn as friend to hang on their bedroom wall?
- DMC Stranded Cotton embroidery thread
Colour A: 3834 (purple) x 1 skein
Colour B: 0092 (green) x 1 skein
Colour C: 340 (lilac) x 1 skein
Colour D: 3836 (pink) x 1 skein
Colour E: 0052 (blue) x 1 skein
- 15.5cm embroidery hoop (item no. MK0025)
- 25 x 25cm Tissu de Marie purple batik fabric (item no. 706020-22)
- 1 sheet lilac felt for backing (item no. 10100-039)
- 1 spool Gütermann C NE 50 lilac thread (item no. GNE50-6182)
- Prym Fray Check (item no. 968.020)
- 1 x crewel embroidery needle (item no. 125.542)
- Water-soluble pen (item no. 611.808)
This pattern appears in Pretty Little Things 28 – Dinosaurs, published by Scheepjes. The Pretty Little Things booklet is available in print in both UK English and Dutch language via Scheepjes retailers. It is also available as an eBook via Ravelry.
Our monthly publication Pretty Little Things (Klein Maar Fijn) showcases 3 multicraftual patterns made with Scheepjes yarns. Colourful projects that are beginner-friendly, affordable, and appealing to all crafters thanks to the adorable aesthetic. Who doesn’t love a pretty ‘weekend’ project?