|Category||Pretty Little Things 26 - Bake Off, Accessories|
|Sizes||83 x 18cm|
Pretty Little Things 26 - Quilted Oven MittsBy Liz Barraclough
Whatever your baking skills, you can feel the part with Liz Barraclough’s Quilted Oven Mitts! Whether you’re transporting a perfectly risen showstopper to the cooling rack, or dishing up a hearty steaming pie, a pair of insulating oven mitts are essential. In creating this project, you’ll practise several techniques on the sewing machine while making something really useful. Simple straight line quilting secures the fabric layers together, ready-made patches make it easy to try your hand at applique and using a bias tape tool helps to create binding that perfectly matches your fabric print.
- Tissu de Marie Fabric (100% Cotton)
Fabric A: 1.5m x 50cm green gingham (item no. 97496-16)
Fabric B: 1.5m x 25cm pink (item no. 96244-21)
- 75cm Vlieseline Thermolan 272 sew-in wadding (item no. 240090)
- 75cm Vlieseline F220 fusible interlining (item no. 229010)
- 1 spool Gütermann Sew-All thread green (item no. G303-200-334)
- 1 spool Gütermann Sew-All thread white (item no. G303-200-800)
- 2 x HKM iron-on patches star yellow (item no. 10234475)
- Clover bias binding maker 25mm (item no. CL0464-25)
- Madeira temporary spray adhesive (item no. M4340)
- Prym aqua marking pen (item no. 611.807)
- ø 20cm plate/dish for rounded edge
- Ruler, cutting mat + rotary cutter
- Sewing machine + supplies
This pattern appears in Pretty Little Things 26 – Bake Off, published by Scheepjes. The Pretty Little Things booklet is available in print in both UK English and Dutch language via Scheepjes retailers. It is also available as an eBook via Ravelry.
Our monthly publication Pretty Little Things (Klein Maar Fijn) showcases 3 multicraftual patterns made with Scheepjes yarns. Colourful projects that are beginner-friendly, affordable, and appealing to all crafters thanks to the adorable aesthetic. Who doesn’t love a pretty ‘weekend’ project?