|Category||YARN Bookazine 15 - Metamorphosis, Scheepjes Publications, Accessories|
|Suggested yarn||Maxi Sweet Treat|
Fly Away BroochBy Steffi Glaves
An elegant miniature make, refine a range of craft techniques while creating this stunning brooch. Choose from two sizes and take the moth on your adventures through nature or in the city: watch how the glass beads and mercerised yarn sparkle in the sunlight.
List of Materials
Scheepjes Maxi Sweet Treat (100% Mercerised Cotton; 25g/140m)
- Yarn A 383 Ginger Gold x 1 ball
- Yarn B 189 Royal Orange x 1 ball
- Yarn C 722 Red x 1 ball
- Yarn D 162 Black Coffee x 1 ball
- Yarn E 130 Old Lace x 1 ball
- 0.9mm or 1.25mm crochet hook depending on desired size of Brooch
- 1 skein blue DMC Stranded Cotton embroidery thread
- 9 x 5cm blue felt
- 1 spool orange Gütermann Sew-All thread
- 0.7mm x 6cm jewellery wire for antennae
- Round nose + trimming pliers
- 1 tube dark blue Toho round glass beads 8-0, 10 total
- 1 safety pin or brooch pin, 5-6cm wide
- Embroidery needle
This is an advanced level pattern.
The pattern for the Fly Away Brooch by Steffi Glaves appears in YARN Bookazine 15 - Metamorphosis, published by Scheepjes. YARN Bookazine is available in print in both UK English and Dutch language and is available from Scheepjes retailers.