|Category||YARN Bookazine 15 - Metamorphosis, Home, Scheepjes Publications|
|Suggested yarn||Cahlista, Catona 25g, Cotton 8, MIGHTY|
Beehive BasketBy Liz Barraclough
Build a beehive! Made in a Cotton and Jute blend yarn that is crocheted around rope and attached to a wooden base, the sturdy, stable basket is practical and easy to carry thanks to its clever tapered shape. Fill it with blankets or keep it by the sofa to store yarn and haberdashery.
List of Materials
Scheepjes MIGHTY (32% Jute, 68% Cotton; 50g/80m)
- Yarn A 751 Stone x 6 balls
Scheepjes Cahlista (100% Natural Cotton; 50g/85m)
- Yarn B 106 Snow White x 1 ball
Scheepjes Cotton 8 (100% Cotton; 50g/170m)
- Yarn C 502 (white) x 1 ball
Scheepjes Catona (100% Mercerised Cotton; 25g/62.5m)
- Yarn D 280 Lemon x 1 ball
- 2.5mm and 4mm crochet hooks
- Stitch markers
- 2 x 4g tubes yellow Toho glass beads
- 1 spool ecru Gütermann rPet Sew-All thread
- 28cm diameter Opry perforated wooden bag base
- 30m x 5.5mm braided cotton clothesline rope (in natural shade)
- Tapestry needle to work French knots
- Sharp sewing needle for beadwork
- PVA glue
This is a beginner level pattern.
The pattern for the Beehive Basket by Liz Barraclough appears in YARN Bookazine 15 - Metamorphosis, published by Scheepjes. YARN Bookazine is available in print in both UK English and Dutch language and is available from Scheepjes retailers.