- Tips & Tricks
- Week 1: Diamond Part 1
- Week 2: Diamond Part 2
- Week 3: Diamond Part 3
- Week 4: Half-diamond Part 1
- Week 5: Half-diamond Part 2
- Week 6: Half-diamond Part 3
- Week 7: Joining Motifs and Border part 1
- Week 8: Border part 2
- Week 9: Border part 3
- Week 10: Border Part 4
- Week 11: Border part 5
- Week 12: Border Part 6
- Bonus pattern: Beaded Friendship Bracelet
- The Read-With-Me CAL 2018
- Chevrainbow CAL 2018
- Stitch Story CAL 2018
- Simply Crochet Hook 'n' Learn CAL
- Fleur-de-Lis Mystery CAL 2016
- Peacock Tail Bag CAL 2016
Yarn Colour for this Square
- Dancing in the Sea: Merino Soft Kandinsky (625) or Colour Crafter Almelo (1316)
- Dancing in the Rain: Merino Soft Da Vinci (606) or Colour Crafter Ermelo (1710)
- Dancing under the Stars: Merino Soft Matisse (635) or Colour Crafter Den Bosch (1241)
Abbreviations (UK terms used throughout)
dc double crochet
ss slip stitch
tr treble crochet
Popcorn stitch (pc) Work 5tr in de same st, drop the loop from the hook, insert the hook from front to back in de top of the first tr worked, put the hook back in the dropped loop and pull through the first tr, ch1 to close. This will have the popcorn appear on the side of the work facing you. For it to appear on the reverse side, which you will need when working WS rows, insert the hook in the first tr from back to front instead. * Note: 2 pc are worked in 1 stitch in this motif.
RS Right side
WS Wrong side
Pattern: Make 4 squares
Row 1 (RS): Tr in fourth ch from hook and in each ch to end, turn. [28 sts]
Row 2: Ch3 (counts as tr throughout), tr in each st tot end, turn.
Row 3-4: As row 2.
Row 5: Ch3, tr in next 3 sts, skit next st, 2pc in next st, skip next st, tr in next 6 sts, skip next st, 2pc in next st, tr in next 5 sts skip next st, 2pc in next st, skip next st, tr in each st to end, turn.
Row 6: Ch3, *tr in each tr to next pc, 2pc between pc sts of the last row; rep from * twice more, tr in each tr to end, turn.
Row 7-11: Repeat Row 6.
Row 12-15: Repeat Row 2, do not fasten off.
Round 1 (RS): Ch1 (does not count as st), work 26 dc evenly along each side of the square, with 3dc in each corner, ss to first dc. Fasten off, weave in ends, add contrast thread and block.
For more information visit our CAL Facebook group Scheepjes CAL - International