- Scheepjes CAL 2017
- Scheepjes CAL 2016
- Scheepjes CAL 2015
- Scheepjes CAL 2014
CALs sponsored by Scheepjes
- Nuts about Squares CAL 2017
- Mexican Mandala CAL 2016
- Fleur-de-Lis Mystery CAL 2016
- Mandala Madness CAL 2016
- Around the Bases CAL 2015
- Sophie's Universe CAL 2015
- I want that Bag CAL 2015
Yarn Colour for this Square
- Dancing in the Sea: Merino Soft Turner (610) of Colour Crafter Urk (1304)
- Dancing in the Rain: Merino Soft Malevich (600) of Colour Crafter Weert (1001)
- Dancing under the Stars: Merino Soft Seurat (637) of Colour Crafter Hoorn (1067)
Abbreviations (UK terms used throughout)
Bbl Insert the hook into the loop behind the back loop
dc double crochet
ffl Insert the hook into the loop in front of the front loop
htr half treble crochet
ss slip stitch
RS right side
WS wrong side
The square is worked from side to side, giving the finished piece a faux-knit ‘rib’ effect. To get this effect, you need to work in the loop in front of the front loop of the stitch (ffl) on the WS of the work, and the loop behind the back loop (bbl) on the RS of the work.
Pattern: Make 4 squares
Row 1 (RS): Htr in third ch from hook and in each ch to end, turn. [28 sts]
Row 2 (WS): Ch2 (does not count as st), htr into each ffl to end, turn.
Row 3 (RS): Ch2 (does not count as st), htr into each bbl to end, turn.
Rows 4-21: Repeat (rows 2 and 3) 9 more times, at the end of row 21: do not turn and do not fasten off.
Round 1 (RS): Ch1 (does not count as st), work 26 dc evenly along each side of the square, with 3dc in each corner, ss to first dc. Fasten off, weave in ends, add contrast thread and block.
* Turn the finished square by 90 degrees so that the ‘knitted rib’ effect runs in vertical lines.
For more information visit our CAL Facebook group Scheepjes CAL - International