- Scheepjes CAL 2017
- Scheepjes CAL 2016
- Scheepjes CAL 2015
- Scheepjes CAL 2014
CALs sponsored by Scheepjes
- Nuts about Squares CAL 2017 starts 31 March
- Mexican Mandala CAL 2016
- Fleur-de-Lis Mystery CAL 2016
- Mandala Madness CAL 2016
- Around the Bases CAL 2015
- Sophie's Universe CAL 2015
- I want that Bag CAL 2015
As you complete each motif, lay it on your blocking mat and gently ease into a perfect circle. Do not stretch. Using a plant spritzer, lightly spray each motif with cold water. Allow to dry naturally before removing the pins. If you block your motifs each week as you go, it doesn’t become a big job at the end of the project.
How to block your finished shawl
- Use Knitpro blocking mats, pins and blocking wires.
- Soak your shawl in handwarm water, a bit of Eucalan, and place a Colour Catcher in with the shawl. Leave it in for about 10-15 minutes (always stay close, to make sure colours do not bleed).
- Gently remove excessive water out of the shawl, do not twist or wring it out but gently ‘squeeze’ the excess water out. Then roll it in a large towel to remove more water. If necessary, take a second towel and roll it in once more.
- Shape the shawl on the blocking mats and stretch it out gently.
- Use blocking wires to secure the edges.
- Use pins to secure everything and for that extra finishing touch, pin each picot along the edges. You will need a lot of pins but it is worth it.
- Leave it to dry naturally.
- Remove all pins and blocking wires.
For more information visit our CAL Facebook group Scheepjes CAL - International